The definitive course for those looking to master the art of identifying vulnerabilities in embedded device firmware.
A uniquely detailed course on Firmware Analysis. Apart from covering core concepts that help you understand and analyse embedded devices and what they contain, this course also offers practical guidance on improving product stability and resilience to attacks.
Benefits of choosing this course
Benefits of choosing the Firmware Analysis course
Learn how to improve product stability and enhance resistance to attacks.
Master the techniques of performing firmware analysis and security auditing.
Become equipped with the knowledge to find vulnerabilities in firmware and to perform security assessment of embedded device.
Highlights of the Firmware Analysis course
Over 12 content-rich theory sessions covering all essential subdomains of Firmware Analysis.
Downloadable study material for reinforced learning.
Self-assessment module that helps you test your knowledge and understanding.
- Key Learning Objectives
Key Learning Objectives
After completing the Firmware Analysis course, you will be able to:
- Understand and explain in your own words what firmware is, what are firmware components, firmware file system and firmware algorithms that are used to compress a file system.
- Offer a detailed explanation of Common Firmware Vulnerabilities.
- Enhance your knowledge of Extracting and analysing filesystems.
- Articulate how to emulate firmware and work with firmware security testing.
- Comprehend how to perform dynamic analysis of devices running in their normal or emulated environments.
- Work on runtime analysis using tools such as Ghidra, IDA, Frida, GDB and Hopper.
Directly download the full Learning Objectives of the course here
Templates. Worksheets & Mind-maps
When you enrol in this course you will have access to several worksheets & templates that you can use immediately. Take a look at the course curriculum, below, to see whats included in this course.
The image immediately below is a gallery view of some of the templates and collateral available to students.
Continuing Professional Development
CPD points can be claimed for this course at the rate of 1 point per hour of training for this NCSC-certified and CIISec-approved course (8 points for one-day public course and 15 points for the two-day internal workshop - for when organisations host this course internally).
CIPR Student-Only Incident Response Plan Template
As a student you get access to unique content including our highly acclaimed Cyber Incident Response Plan Template. If you want, you can download the FREE version of the Incident Response Plan template here.
- 1. Introduction to Firmware and Firmware Vulnerability (10:46)
- 2. FSTM Analysing Firmware (13:06)
- 3. Analysing Firmware Demo (6:55)
- 4. Extracting filesystem (1:37)
- 5. Extracting filesystem Demo (3:15)
- 6. Analysing filesystem content (2:04)
- 7. Analysing filesystem content Demo (4:40)
- 8. Emulating Firmware (1:30)
- 9. Emulating Firmware Demo (2:14)
- 10. Dynamic Analysis (2:25)
- 11. Dynamic Analysis Demo (3:48)
- 12. Runtime analysis, Binary Exploitation - Best Practices (1:52)
- Firmware Analysis (PDF)
Sign up and Start Today
Pay-in-full in your local currency (where available)
We take all major forms of payment and we use secure checkout.
Our most popular courses and offers.
Cyber Incident Planning and Response Course
Government Certified, Accredited Course on Planning and Response Strategies to deal with Cyber-Attacks and Cyber Crises
NCSC-Certified CIPR and Playbooks eLearning Bundle
Access two NCSC-Certified Training courses for the price of one. Includes option for an online examination.
Firmware Analysis skills can truly help enhance your resistance to & resilience from cyber-attacks. Bolster your preparation against a cyber-attack with the NCSC-Certified Incident Response Playbook training course.