Health Information Portability & Accountability Act
Enhance your knowledge of the critical HIPAA regulatory compliance standard & add significant value to your existing skills & career progression
HIPAA or Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act and was introduced by the United States Congress, in 1996. HIPAA is a United States legislation that has provided a standard for protecting patients’ medical records. HIPAA basically ensures that protected health information of individuals is processed and stored safely to protect its security and integrity. This course is ideal for anyone who works in the healthcare or insurance industry. It can also unlock tremendous value for those aspiring for a lucrative career in the Governance, Risk Management and Compliance space.
Benefits of choosing this course
Benefits of choosing the HIPAA course
Understand the concept of Protected Health Information & become proficient in HIPAA compliance.
Apply your acquired knowledge to other areas of Compliance outside of the healthcare industry.
Unlock the possibility of a successful career as a compliance expert in the healthcare & insurance industry.
Highlights of the HIPAA course
One comprehensive course that teaches you everything you need to know about HIPAA.
13 content-rich modules of video content explaining all the essential components of HIPAA compliance.
Downloadable study material that you can use to reference and revise all the intensive learning.
- Key Learning Objectives
Key Learning Objectives
After completing the HIPAA course, you will be able to:
- Understand and explain in your own words what HIPAA exactly is, what its goals are and what the applicability is.
- Fully comprehend and offer detailed insights into why HIPAA compliance is important.
- Elucidate the subject of Protected Health Information (PHI), examples of PHI and permitted uses of PHI.
- Explain in your words when health information is considered identifiable.
- Understand what constitutes a HIPAA violation and breach of HIPAA.
- Enhance your theoretical knowledge with real-world examples of healthcare breaches and data breaches.
- Gain considerable proficiency in HIPAA encryption requirements and password requirements.
- Discover what Health Information Exchange (HIE) is and what its benefits are.
Directly download the full Learning Objectives of the course here
Templates. Worksheets & Mind-maps
When you enrol in this course you will have access to several worksheets & templates that you can use immediately. Take a look at the course curriculum, below, to see whats included in this course.
The image immediately below is a gallery view of some of the templates and collateral available to students.
Continuing Professional Development
CPD points can be claimed for this course at the rate of 1 point per hour of training for this NCSC-certified and CIISec-approved course (8 points for one-day public course and 15 points for the two-day internal workshop - for when organisations host this course internally).
CIPR Student-Only Incident Response Plan Template
As a student you get access to unique content including our highly acclaimed Cyber Incident Response Plan Template. If you want, you can download the FREE version of the Incident Response Plan template here.