Internet of Things - IOT
Understand the security issues associated with IoT & make better decisions when building, deploying and assessing IoT technologies
The Internet of Things (IoT) is one of the hottest technology trends today and in the near future the IoT ecosystem will explode with billions of devices going online. The progression in IoT is expected to offer automation in nearly all fields. Industrial product vendors and consumers are imagining connecting almost everything to the Internet. With the brisk development in IoT, security of IoT devices is becoming a huge priority. This specialised course teaches you the art and skill of testing the security of IoT devices. It enables you to become a future-ready cybersecurity professional.
Benefits of choosing this course
Benefits of choosing the IOT course
Get ahead of competition by mastering the ability to evaluate security of smart devices.
Emerge as a future-ready cybersecurity professional as IoT devices take over the world.
Dive deep into the comprehensive coverage of IoT security & vulnerabilities.
Highlights of the IoT course
A niche course designed and developed by practising real-world experts.
Master all you need to know about IoT fundamentals and security.
Downloadable study material that you can reference after course completion.
- Key Learning Objectives
Key Learning Objectives
After completing the Internet of Things course, you will be able to:
- Explain in your own words what the Internet of Things (IoT) is and why this industry is booming.
- Understand and articulate the application of IoT technologies in different industries.
- Confidently discuss the benefits and the future potential of IoT.
- Comprehend IoT architecture and the frameworks used.
- Explain what comprises the IoT attack surface and how to secure it.
- Gain considerable proficiency in OWASP Top 10 for IoT vulnerabilities.
- Work with Recon and Nmap to scan IoT devices for vulnerabilities.
- Become familiar with the most effective mitigation techniques for IoT devices and reduce the chance of exploitation.
Directly download the full Learning Objectives of the course here
Templates. Worksheets & Mind-maps
When you enrol in this course you will have access to several worksheets & templates that you can use immediately. Take a look at the course curriculum, below, to see whats included in this course.
The image immediately below is a gallery view of some of the templates and collateral available to students.
Continuing Professional Development
CPD points can be claimed for this course at the rate of 1 point per hour of training for this NCSC-certified and CIISec-approved course (8 points for one-day public course and 15 points for the two-day internal workshop - for when organisations host this course internally).
CIPR Student-Only Incident Response Plan Template
As a student you get access to unique content including our highly acclaimed Cyber Incident Response Plan Template. If you want, you can download the FREE version of the Incident Response Plan template here.
- M.1.1.1 Introduction to IoT (3:00)
- M.1.1.2 Application and Benefits of IoT (6:15)
- M.1.1.3 Issues with IoT (1:26)
- M.1.1.4 Basic Architecture of IoT (3:19)
- M.1.1.5 Frameworks and Platform for IoT (3:17)
- M.1.1.6 IoT Attack Surface (8:23)
- M.1.1.7 IoT Attack Surface Hardware (2:51)
- M.1.1 Internet of Things (PDF)
Sign up and Start Today
Pay-in-full in your local currency (where available)
We take all major forms of payment and we use secure checkout.
Our most popular courses and offers.
Cyber Incident Planning and Response Course
Government Certified, Accredited Course on Planning and Response Strategies to deal with Cyber-Attacks and Cyber Crises
NCSC-Certified CIPR and Playbooks eLearning Bundle
Access two NCSC-Certified Training courses for the price of one. Includes option for an online examination.
While the Internet of Things holds tremendous possibilities & potential, it also poses a unique set of cybersecurity challenges. Make sure you're ready to respond to them with effective Cyber Incident Planning & Response training.