Everything you need to know about creating JSON and how to document it.
Benefits of choosing this course
Benefits of choosing the JSON Documentation course
Learn how to document structured data - the foundation of API documentation.
Get in-depth insight into the tools you can use to create quality documentation.
Improve your ability to handle unstructured and complex data with JSON.
Highlights of the JSON Documentation course
Designed for technical writers who want to learn about API documentation.
The ideal course for Project Managers looking to understand how to document structured data.
14 theory sessions and 6 lab sessions for well-rounded and detailed learning.
- Key Learning Objectives
Key Learning Objectives
After completing the JSON Documentation course, you will be able to:
- Articulate what JSON really is and how it helps in API documentation.
- Explain in your own words what some JSON data types are and give examples of the same.
- Enhance your knowledge of White Spacing and Formatting in JSON .
- Understand how to use JSON to describe a menu structure.
- Understand how to document JSON with the simplest to more complex files.
- Explain in your own words how to document JSON Requests and Responses.
- Articulate what JSON looks like in cases of added comments on a posting.
- Enhance your knowledge about what information should be included in the Notes column.
Directly download the full Learning Objectives of the course here
Templates. Worksheets & Mind-maps
When you enrol in this course you will have access to several worksheets & templates that you can use immediately. Take a look at the course curriculum, below, to see whats included in this course.
The image immediately below is a gallery view of some of the templates and collateral available to students.
Continuing Professional Development
CPD points can be claimed for this course at the rate of 1 point per hour of training for this NCSC-certified and CIISec-approved course (8 points for one-day public course and 15 points for the two-day internal workshop - for when organisations host this course internally).
CIPR Student-Only Incident Response Plan Template
As a student you get access to unique content including our highly acclaimed Cyber Incident Response Plan Template. If you want, you can download the FREE version of the Incident Response Plan template here.
- S.2.1 JSON Basics (0:35)
- S.2.2 JSON Data Types (2:28)
- S.2.3 JSON Examples (0:17)
- S.2.3A JSON Examples (Lab) (2:02)
- S.2.4 JSON to Describe a Menu structure (0:25)
- S.2.4.A JSON to Describe a Menu structure (Lab) (2:14)
- S.2.5 White Space and Formatting (0:51)
- S.2.5.A White Space and Formatting (Lab) (0:50)
- S.3.1 Documenting JSON (1:13)
- S.3.2 JSON Responses (2:38)
- S.3.3 Documentation Example - Example JSON Song (0:16)
- S.3.3.A JSON Documentation (Lab) (2:03)
- S.3.4 Documentation Example - Example JSON Describing a Menu (0:23)
- S.3.4.A Example JSON- Describing a Menu (Lab) (1:34)
- S.3.5 Documentation Example - Menu JSON Documentation (0:26)
- S.3.6 JSON Requests (0:46)
- S.3.7 Request Example Adding a Comment (0:42)
- S.3.7.A Request Example Adding a Comment (Lab) (2:27)
- S.3.8 What Goes in Notes (1:16)
Sign up and Start Today
Pay-in-full in your local currency (where available)
We take all major forms of payment and we use secure checkout.
Our most popular courses and offers.
Cyber Incident Planning and Response Course
Government Certified, Accredited Course on Planning and Response Strategies to deal with Cyber-Attacks and Cyber Crises
NCSC-Certified CIPR and Playbooks eLearning Bundle
Access two NCSC-Certified Training courses for the price of one. Includes option for an online examination.
Find out more about our flexible, cost-effective and remote Cyber Security Assistant service. Achieve your cyber security goals & stay prepared for the increasing number of cyber-attacks in the most convenient way possible!