Operating Systems Security
The perfect course for those responsible for securing the organisational operating systems & looking to upskill and master OS Security.
Protecting the IT resources of a company against security threats is of vital importance.The OS Security course includes everything important you need to know to secure your systems running Windows and Linux operating systems. This course allows you to garner greater proficiency in Operating Systems Security and unlock new career avenues for yourself in the lucrative domain of cybersecurity.
Benefits of choosing this course
Benefits of choosing the Operating Systems Security course
Understand the basic requirements and challenges associated with securing operating systems.
Develop deep knowledge of security measures that must always be employed for ensuring maximum OS security.
Learn to review existing exploits in the Operating System.
Highlights of the Operating Systems Security course
A course focussed heavily on practical learning.
Quick capture of all key concepts required to understand and master OS security.
Self-assessments to reinforce knowledge.
- Key Learning Objectives
Key Learning Objectives
After completing the Operating Systems Security course, you will be able to:
- Understand and articulate the Classification of Operating Systems.
- Gather a fair degree of expertise in Windows OS and Security.
- Properly understand Physical security, Windows10 security features and virus protection.
- Enhance your knowledge of Secure Policies and explain how to set them and what the various security options available in Windows are.
- Understand and explain Patch Management and its importance.
- Articulate the importance of Different file permissions and auditing.
- Comprehend BitLocker Encryption and Windows Defender.
Directly download the full Learning Objectives of the course here
Templates. Worksheets & Mind-maps
When you enrol in this course you will have access to several worksheets & templates that you can use immediately. Take a look at the course curriculum, below, to see whats included in this course.
The image immediately below is a gallery view of some of the templates and collateral available to students.
Continuing Professional Development
CPD points can be claimed for this course at the rate of 1 point per hour of training for this NCSC-certified and CIISec-approved course (8 points for one-day public course and 15 points for the two-day internal workshop - for when organisations host this course internally).
CIPR Student-Only Incident Response Plan Template
As a student you get access to unique content including our highly acclaimed Cyber Incident Response Plan Template. If you want, you can download the FREE version of the Incident Response Plan template here.
- M.1.1.1 Introduction to Operating Systems (10:00)
- M.1.2 Windows 10 Security Features (41:17)
- M.1.2.A Windows 10 Security Features (Lab) (2:52)
- M.1.2.B Windows Security Centre (Lab) (5:20)
- M.1.2.C BitLocker Encryption (Lab) (2:50)
- M.1.2.D Windows Defender (Lab) (3:32)
- M.1.2.E Windows Defender (Lab) (2:16)
- M.1.2.F Windows Defender (Lab) (5:03)
- M.1.2.G Windows Defender (Lab) (3:29)
- M.1.3 Security Policies (18:24)
- M.1.3.A Security Policies (Lab) (3:00)
- M.1.3.B File Permissions (Lab) (2:28)
- M.1.3.C File Permissions (Lab) (2:37)
Sign up and Start Today
Pay-in-full in your local currency (where available)
We take all major forms of payment and we use secure checkout.
Our most popular courses and offers.
Cyber Incident Planning and Response Course
Government Certified, Accredited Course on Planning and Response Strategies to deal with Cyber-Attacks and Cyber Crises
NCSC-Certified CIPR and Playbooks eLearning Bundle
Access two NCSC-Certified Training courses for the price of one. Includes option for an online examination.
Evaluate the security of your organisational operating systems and test your ability to respond to an attack on them with expert-facilitated Cyber Attack Tabletop Exercises.