Payment Card Data Security Standard
A dedicated course that helps you understand how Payment Card Data should be processed & how compliance measures can be implemented
PCI DSS or Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard is a set of information security standards that all businesses which handle/process/store branded credit cards must comply with. The standard was brought into force in 2006 to keep up with the security demands of an evolving plastic money industry. Today, with credit card usage being at an all time high both online and offline, PCI DSS has taken on more importance than ever before. Being conversant with PCI DSS standards and implementation isn’t just essential but also mandatory for those aspiring for lucrative positions in the cybersecurity and IT Governance fields.
Benefits of choosing this course
Benefits of choosing the PCI DSS course
Become conversant with the PCI DSS & demonstrate proficiency in this essential security standard implementation.
Deep-dive into the 12 PCI DSS requirements and controls.
Unlock significant value-addition to your career in the IT Security & Compliance space.
Highlights of the PCI DSS course
Created by experts, this course offers significant emphasis on case studies & industry examples.
One of the most in-depth courses in the market on PCI DSS.
Over 19 content-rich modules that take you through the basics of PCI DSS to the more complex challenges and their solutions.
- Key Learning Objectives
Key Learning Objectives
After completing the PCI DSS course, you will be able to:
- Understand the need for PCI DSS compliance and the application of PCI DSS.
- Articulate the 12 requirements of Payment Card Industry’s Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
- Become familiar with the PCI Security Standard Council and other common terms related to PCI DSS.
- Become conversant with the implementation challenges of PCI DSS.
- Understand the right tools and techniques to help address some of the critical control requirements.
- Explain in your own words who the entities involved in a payment card transaction are and what the flow of payment card transactions is.
- Fully comprehend the consequences of a compromised payment card transaction.
- Discuss confidently the dos and don’ts of payment card security and best practices for maintaining PCI DSS compliance.
Directly download the full Learning Objectives of the course here
Templates. Worksheets & Mind-maps
When you enrol in this course you will have access to several worksheets & templates that you can use immediately. Take a look at the course curriculum, below, to see whats included in this course.
The image immediately below is a gallery view of some of the templates and collateral available to students.
Continuing Professional Development
CPD points can be claimed for this course at the rate of 1 point per hour of training for this NCSC-certified and CIISec-approved course (8 points for one-day public course and 15 points for the two-day internal workshop - for when organisations host this course internally).
CIPR Student-Only Incident Response Plan Template
As a student you get access to unique content including our highly acclaimed Cyber Incident Response Plan Template. If you want, you can download the FREE version of the Incident Response Plan template here.