Security Awareness Training (IT)
A detailed & specialised security awareness course targeted at IT teams & IT professionals looking to unlock further career growth.
This comprehensive course is aimed at building solid foundational components for the organisation’s overall information security awareness programme. It is targetted specifically at IT teams so they can better ensure greater cybersecurity awareness & better cyber hygiene in the organisation.
Benefits of choosing this course
Benefits of choosing the Security Awareness Training (IT) course
Curated course material especially for the IT team.
Enhances awareness of individual team members regarding their roles and responsibilities in case of a security incident.
Real-world case studies that illustrate importance of good cybersecurity practices & the difference they can make to an organisation's business continuity.
Highlights of the Security Awareness Training (IT) course
A stimulating & engaging course with rich audio-visual content that keeps learners engaged.
Interactive learning activities that can improve the team's understanding and knowledge assimilation.
Realistic scenarios to enhance understanding of the impact security threats can have and the difference good practices can make.
- Key Learning Objectives
Key Learning Objectives
After completing the Security Awareness Training (IT) course, your team members will be able to:
- Brush up their knowledge of security fundamentals and key terms such as Threat, Risk, Asset Value etc.
- Express in their own words what Information Security is and why businesses need to focus on it, especially the IT teams.
- Explain the CIA Triad model in their own words and articulate how it helps the organisation to keep sensitive information safe.
- Understand what the different phases of hacking are and why it is important for every employee in the organisation to know about the same.
- Gain a better understanding of social engineering techniques, such that they can educate other employees of the organisation accordingly.
- Evolve their knowledge of credential harvesting, password guessing and implement better preventive measures from an IT perspective for the organisation.
- Articulate what ransomware, malware, key-loggers, fly-by downloaders and droppers are.
- Improve upon their knowledge of security best practices such as password guidelines, email etiquette, mobile device security threats and prevention & be able to transmit this learning to others in the organisation.
- Sharpen their awareness of organisational security architecture, Linux security, Windows OS security etc. to bolster the overall cybersecurity infrastructure of the business.
- Understand the requirements of the NIST Cybersecurity framework and benchmark the organisation’s IT and security preparedness against the same.
- Better understand the nuances of cloud security, database security, network security, application security .
- Enhance their awareness of what their role in the overall cybersecurity of the organisation is.
Directly download the full Learning Objectives of the course here
Templates. Worksheets & Mind-maps
When you enrol in this course you will have access to several worksheets & templates that you can use immediately. Take a look at the course curriculum, below, to see whats included in this course.
The image immediately below is a gallery view of some of the templates and collateral available to students.
Continuing Professional Development
CPD points can be claimed for this course at the rate of 1 point per hour of training for this NCSC-certified and CIISec-approved course (8 points for one-day public course and 15 points for the two-day internal workshop - for when organisations host this course internally).
CIPR Student-Only Incident Response Plan Template
As a student you get access to unique content including our highly acclaimed Cyber Incident Response Plan Template. If you want, you can download the FREE version of the Incident Response Plan template here.
- 1. Agenda (5:47)
- 2. Introduction (12:05)
- 3. CIA Triad (4:20)
- 4. Case Study 1 (Bangladesh Bank) & 2 (Equifax) (5:10)
- 5. Case Study 3 (Anthem) & 4 (Cosmos Bank) (7:32)
- 6. Case Study 5 (Petya) (2:58)
- 7. Art (5:55)
- 8. Phases of Hacking (45:41)
- 9. APT (5:25)
- 10. Att_ck (3:02)
- 11. Data Privacy (8:14)
- 12. Your role in security (12:36)
- 13. DevOps (8:33)
- 14. Risk Management (9:37)
- 15. Incident Management (41:25)
- 16. BCM (22:27)
- 17. NIST Framework (2:36)
- 18. SOC (27:21)
- 19. Best Practices (27:02)
- Security Awareness (IT) (PDF)
Sign up and Start Today
Pay-in-full in your local currency (where available)
We take all major forms of payment and we use secure checkout.
Our most popular courses and offers.
Cyber Incident Planning and Response Course
Government Certified, Accredited Course on Planning and Response Strategies to deal with Cyber-Attacks and Cyber Crises
NCSC-Certified CIPR and Playbooks eLearning Bundle
Access two NCSC-Certified Training courses for the price of one. Includes option for an online examination.
Complement the learning from this Security Awareness Training course with our NCSC-Certified Cyber Incident Planning & Response course.