Certified Security Operations Center (CSOC) Part 2
Launch your career as a well-paid SOC specialist and sharpen your capabilities to perform effective SOC management with this intensive & detailed course
This course covers the design, deployment and operation of the SOC. Created by deeply experienced practitioners, the course teaches you the skills to analyse and detect threats to an organisation through demonstrations, labs, and lectures. The course covers the functional areas of Communications, Network Security Monitoring, Threat Intelligence, Incident Response, Forensics, and Self-Assessment. With all the detailed theory and intense practical training it offers, this course is unlike anything else in the market.
Benefits of choosing this course
Benefits of choosing the CSOC (Part 2) course
Helps you build the ability to perform SOC responsibilities, opening up a highly lucrative career avenue for you.
Covers all functional areas including Communications, Network Security Monitoring, Threat Intelligence, Incident Response, Forensics, and Self-Assessment.
An in-depth course covering fundamentals as well as advanced topics like attack methodologies, SIEM and log management.
Highlights of the CSOC (Part 2) course
Acquire in-demand skills to analyse and detect organisational threats.
Sharpen your SOC management capabilities and become industry-ready with content-rich videos spread over 6 detailed modules.
Learn in a classroom environment and bolster knowledge acquired with 6 practical sessions, downloadable learning materials and self-assessments.
- Key Learning Objectives
Key Learning Objectives
After completing the CSOC (Part 2) course, you will be able to:
- Explain in your own words the basics of a Security Operations Centre, what the SOC team structure should look like and what some of the SOC best practices are.
- Offer a detailed explanation of the fundamentals of Log Management and Log Management Infrastructure.
- Articulate what Log Analysis Methodology is.
- Explain what is SIEM Architecture, Logs and Events, ArcSight and Log Baselining.
- Work with QRadar, its components console tab, dashboard, log activity and QRadar Assets.
- Fully comprehend Incident Response Best Practices and Policies, how to create an Incident Response Plan, why and how to conduct Training and Awareness, and what comprises Incident Management . .
- Define the relationship between Incident Response, Incident Handling, and Incident Management.
Directly download the full Learning Objectives of the course here
Templates. Worksheets & Mind-maps
When you enrol in this course you will have access to several worksheets & templates that you can use immediately. Take a look at the course curriculum, below, to see whats included in this course.
The image immediately below is a gallery view of some of the templates and collateral available to students.
Continuing Professional Development
CPD points can be claimed for this course at the rate of 1 point per hour of training for this NCSC-certified and CIISec-approved course (8 points for one-day public course and 15 points for the two-day internal workshop - for when organisations host this course internally).
CIPR Student-Only Incident Response Plan Template
As a student you get access to unique content including our highly acclaimed Cyber Incident Response Plan Template. If you want, you can download the FREE version of the Incident Response Plan template here.
- M.4.1.1 Introduction to QRadar (4:07)
- M.4.1.2 QRadar Components Console Tab (10:49)
- M.4.1.3 QRadar Dashboard (Lab) (2:07)
- M.4.1.4 QRadar Log Activity (Lab) (2:52)
- M.4.1.5 QRadar Network Activity (Lab) (1:34)
- M.4.1.6 QRadar Offenses (Lab) (3:25)
- M.4.1.7 QRadar Assets (Lab) (2:54)
- M.4.1.8 QRadar Report (Lab) (0:52)
- M.4.1 QRadar
Sign up and Start Today
Pay-in-full in your local currency (where available)
We take all major forms of payment and we use secure checkout.
Our most popular courses and offers.
Cyber Incident Planning and Response Course
Government Certified, Accredited Course on Planning and Response Strategies to deal with Cyber-Attacks and Cyber Crises
NCSC-Certified CIPR and Playbooks eLearning Bundle
Access two NCSC-Certified Training courses for the price of one. Includes option for an online examination.
The SOC is the cornerstone of security of your IT operations. Make sure you test its capability in the face of a cyber disaster with regular cyber attack tabletop exercises.