Security Awareness (Management)
A comprehensive security awareness and best practices course for the management.
Cybersecurity is no longer just an IT problem. It is now widely acknowledged as a business concern since any cyber threat or security event can have long-term repercussions of the business reputation and bottomline. This is why it is imperative for the management of any organisation to have a good understanding of the risks and threats to the business and what steps can be taken to make the organisation more resilient against cyber-attacks.
Benefits of choosing this course
Benefits of choosing the Security Awareness (Management) course
Makes the management aware of security risks and threats that their business is facing.
Raises awareness regarding individual roles and responsibilities and good cybersecurity behaviour.
Makes the urgency of addressing cybersecurity gaps and concerns apparent through relevant, real-world case studies.
Highlights of the Security Awareness (Management) course
A stimulating & engaging course that keeps non-technical audiences engaged.
Interactive learning activities that keep challenging the learner & encourages them to broaden their perspective.
Realistic scenarios to enhance understanding of the impact security threats can have on the business and the difference good practices can make.
- Key Learning Objectives
Key Learning Objectives
After completing the Security Awareness (Management) course, your team members will be able to:
- Understand better what security fundamentals like Threats, Risks, Assets and Vulnerability refer to and how they need to be dealt with.
- Express in their own words what Information Security is and why businesses need to focus on it.
- Explain the CIA Triad model in their own words and articulate how it helps the organisation to keep sensitive information safe.
- Understand what the different phases of hacking are and why it is important for every employee in the organisation to know about the same.
- Gain a better understanding of the kind of password hygiene they must adopt at a personal level and what policies should be instituted at the organisational level regarding the same.
- Improve their own email etiquette and learn ways to keep information exchanged over email safe.
- Identify phishing emails, offensive emails or social engineering tactics targeted at them.
- Understand why multi-factor authentication is so important and internalise its usage on a day-to-day basis and make it mandatory from a policy perspective.
- Articulate why disposal of sensitive data is as critical as its storage and institute a proper plan for physical security and access controls in the organisation.
- See physical security and access controls in a new light.
- Understand their roles and responsibilities in the overall organisational cybersecurity better and take the necessary steps in response when the need arises.
Directly download the full Learning Objectives of the course here
Templates. Worksheets & Mind-maps
When you enrol in this course you will have access to several worksheets & templates that you can use immediately. Take a look at the course curriculum, below, to see whats included in this course.
The image immediately below is a gallery view of some of the templates and collateral available to students.
Continuing Professional Development
CPD points can be claimed for this course at the rate of 1 point per hour of training for this NCSC-certified and CIISec-approved course (8 points for one-day public course and 15 points for the two-day internal workshop - for when organisations host this course internally).
CIPR Student-Only Incident Response Plan Template
As a student you get access to unique content including our highly acclaimed Cyber Incident Response Plan Template. If you want, you can download the FREE version of the Incident Response Plan template here.
- 1. Agenda (5:09)
- 2. Introduction to Security Awareness (12:05)
- 3. CIA Triad (4:20)
- 4. Case Study 1 (Bangladesh Bank) & 2 (Equifax) (5:10)
- 5. Case Study 3 (Anthem) & 4 (Cosmos Bank) (7:32)
- 6. Art (5:55)
- 7. Phases of Hacking (45:41)
- 8. Data Privacy (8:14)
- 9. Your Role (12:36)
- 10. Risk Management (9:37)
- 11. Incident Management (20:54)
- 12. BCM (22:27)
- 13. NIST Framework (2:36)
- 14. Best Practices (27:02)
- Security Awareness for Management (PDF)
Sign up and Start Today
Pay-in-full in your local currency (where available)
We take all major forms of payment and we use secure checkout.
Our most popular courses and offers.
Cyber Incident Planning and Response Course
Government Certified, Accredited Course on Planning and Response Strategies to deal with Cyber-Attacks and Cyber Crises
NCSC-Certified CIPR and Playbooks eLearning Bundle
Access two NCSC-Certified Training courses for the price of one. Includes option for an online examination.
Apart from Security Awareness Training for Management, Cyber Crisis Tabletop Exercises truly help them in understanding the critical role of cybersecurity & where the organisation truly stands in terms of preparedness for a cyber-attack.