Understand the fundamentals of web design & web page creation with this detailed HTML5 training course.
This course is an ideal stepping stone into the world of web page fundamentals. HTML or HyperText Markup Language forms the foundation of web pages and how they appear on browsers. This course is designed to introduce you to the basics of HTML, its elements and how to use them to create your own web pages.
Benefits of choosing this course
Benefits of choosing the HTML5 course
Give a boost to your career with one of the most relevant skills today.
Create your own website and/or converse with greater confidence with your web development team.
Ease your way into the world of coding languages.
Highlights of the HTML5 course
A hands-on practical learning experience.
A course that teaches you how to create real applications & web development basics.
Allows you to improve your understanding & confidence in web design development - a critical skill in the digital world.
- Key Learning Objectives
Key Learning Objectives
After completing the HTML5 course, you will be able to:
- Become extremely familiar with web design, frontend web technology using HTML5 and application creation.
- Collaborate more effectively with technical teams.
- Articulate the basics of HTML5 and enhance your knowledge of the new elements of HTML5.
- Build projects such as HTML template, HTML5 Audio Player and HTML5 Note App using LocalStorage.
- Articulate what lists and tables are in HTML and how they can help designers to better arrange data.
- Explain what Forms and Input tags are and how they can enable you to create input forms like registration forms, login forms etc.
- Work with Cascading Style Sheets or CSS for basic styling and for making web pages more aesthetic.
- Enhance your understanding of SVG and how to use it to create graphics.
- Enunciate how HTML5’s web storage allows you to store information locally on your computer.
Directly download the full Learning Objectives of the course here
Templates. Worksheets & Mind-maps
When you enrol in this course you will have access to several worksheets & templates that you can use immediately. Take a look at the course curriculum, below, to see whats included in this course.
The image immediately below is a gallery view of some of the templates and collateral available to students.
Continuing Professional Development
CPD points can be claimed for this course at the rate of 1 point per hour of training for this NCSC-certified and CIISec-approved course (8 points for one-day public course and 15 points for the two-day internal workshop - for when organisations host this course internally).
CIPR Student-Only Incident Response Plan Template
As a student you get access to unique content including our highly acclaimed Cyber Incident Response Plan Template. If you want, you can download the FREE version of the Incident Response Plan template here.
- S.2.1 Getting started with HTML (9:01)
- S.2.2 Basic Elements & Document Setup - Project Basic Elements (3:39)
- S.2.2.A Document Setup (Lab) (6:40)
- S.2.2.B Basic Elements (Lab) (5:32)
- S.2.3 Lists & Tables - Project List & Table (1:25)
- S.2.4 Forms & Input - Project Registration Form (2:28)
- S.2.4.A Forms & Input - Project Registration Form (Lab) (5:58)
- S.2.5 Basic Styling - Project on Basic CSS (2:01)
- S.2.5.A Basic Styling - Project on Basic CSS (Lab) (6:16)
- S.2.6 Project Building A Simple HTML Template (0:27)
- S.2.6.A Project Building A Simple HTML Template (Lab) (11:00)
- S.3.1 Getting started with HTML5 (4:23)
- S.3.2 New Elements - Project on New Elements (2:51)
- S.3.2.A New Elements - Project on New Elements (Lab) (3:36)
- S.3.3 Video & Audio - Project Audio Visual (2:06)
- S.3.3.A Video & Audio - Project Audio Visual (Lab) (4:25)
- S.3.4 Canvas - Project on Drawing with Canvas (1:13)
- S.3.4.A Canvas - Project on Drawing with Canvas (Lab) (6:27)
- S.3.5 Project on Vector Graphics (1:44)
- S.3.5.A SVG - Project on Vector Graphics (Lab) (4:00)
- S.3.6 Web Storage - Project on Web Storage (1:54)
- S.3.6.A Web Storage - Project on Web Storage (Lab) (5:45)
- S.3.7 Drag & Drop - Project on HTML5 Drag and Drop (2:24)
- S.3.7.A Drag & Drop - Project on HTML5 Drag and Drop (Lab) (4:50)
- S.3.8 Geolocation - Project on Geolocation (2:00)
- S.3.8.A Geolocation - Project on Geolocation (Lab) (3:00)
- S.3.9 Project MyNote - A HTML5 App (1:38)
- S.3.9.A Project MyNote - A HTML5 App (Lab) (7:10)
Sign up and Start Today
Pay-in-full in your local currency (where available)
We take all major forms of payment and we use secure checkout.
Our most popular courses and offers.
Cyber Incident Planning and Response Course
Government Certified, Accredited Course on Planning and Response Strategies to deal with Cyber-Attacks and Cyber Crises
NCSC-Certified CIPR and Playbooks eLearning Bundle
Access two NCSC-Certified Training courses for the price of one. Includes option for an online examination.
Find out more about our Virtual Cyber Consultant (VCC) Service - a remote-only, full-service cyber consultancy service that offers 300+ services in over 15 cybersecurity domains.