A course that teaches you how to develop effective assessment methodologies & secure what really matters - your organisational database.
For every organisation, the data and sensitive information it owns and stores, is one of its most vital assets. It is imperative to protect this information - its database - from unauthorised access and external threat actors. This course teaches delegates all about the best practices involved in database security.
Benefits of choosing this course
Benefits of choosing the Database Security course
A technical course for sharpening the knowledge of security teams, database administrators and security consultants.
Learn all about best practices in database security management.
Acquire knowledge that is immediately applicable in the job market and give a massive boost to your career.
Highlights of the Database Security course
Over 30 subjects covered making it one of the most comprehensive Database Security courses available.
32 practical lab sessions that strengthen your theoretical knowledge acquired.
Several downloadable PDFs and learning materials for reinforced learning.
- Key Learning Objectives
Key Learning Objectives
After completing the Database Security course, you will be able to:
- Articulate the fundamental concepts behind database systems.
- Offer a detailed explanation of the key components within a database deployment.
- Properly understand how to integrate databases into business solutions.
- Master the process of thorough database assessment, including tools and methodologies.
- Understand and explain the techniques used by hackers to exploit database flaws and vulnerabilities.
- Gain proficiency in practical assessment and attack vector considerations, through hands-on experience.
Directly download the full Learning Objectives of the course here
Templates. Worksheets & Mind-maps
When you enrol in this course you will have access to several worksheets & templates that you can use immediately. Take a look at the course curriculum, below, to see whats included in this course.
The image immediately below is a gallery view of some of the templates and collateral available to students.
Continuing Professional Development
CPD points can be claimed for this course at the rate of 1 point per hour of training for this NCSC-certified and CIISec-approved course (8 points for one-day public course and 15 points for the two-day internal workshop - for when organisations host this course internally).
CIPR Student-Only Incident Response Plan Template
As a student you get access to unique content including our highly acclaimed Cyber Incident Response Plan Template. If you want, you can download the FREE version of the Incident Response Plan template here.
- M.1.1.1 Oracle Introduction (11:10)
- M.1.1.2 Installing Oracle Server (Lab) (0:33)
- M.1.1.3 Installing Oracle Server (Lab 2) (0:34)
- M.1.2.1 Security Parameters (10:50)
- M.1.2.2 Global Names (Lab) (0:20)
- M.1.2.3 Audit Trail (Lab) (0:10)
- M.1.2.4 OS Authent Prefix (Lab) (0:14)
- M.1.2.5 Remote OS Authent (Lab) (0:12)
- M.1.2.6 Remote OS Roles (Lab) (0:11)
- M.1.2.7 Remote Listener (Lab) (0:11)
- M.1.2.8 Sys Users (Lab) (0:21)
- M.1.2.9 Lock and Expire Users (Lab) (0:36)
- M.1.2.10 Create Profile (Lab) (0:55)
- M.1.3.1 Access control (4:25)
- M.1.3.2 Creating Role (Lab) (0:45)
- M.1.3.3 Roles (Lab) (0:20)
- M.1.3.4 Role with Password (Lab) (0:45)
- M.1.3.5 Granted Role (Lab) (0:16)
- M.1.3.6 Cascading of Privileges (Lab) (0:16)
- M.1.4.1 Audit Backup (13:47)
- M.1.4.2 Global Names 1 (Lab) (0:14)
- M.1.4.3 Audit Trail (Lab) (0:12)
- M.1.4.4 DBA STMT AUDIT OPTS (Lab) (0:12)
- M.1.5.1 Database Scanner (2:18)
- M.2.1.1 MSSQL (12:33)
- M.2.1.2 Ad Hoc Distributed Queries (Lab) (0:15)
- M.2.1.3 Secure Guideline (Lab) (0:19)
- M.2.1.4 CLR Enabled (Lab) (0:12)
- M.2.1.5 Cross DB Ownership (Lab) (0:12)
- M.2.1.6 Remote Admin Connection (Lab) (0:08)
- M.2.1.7 Scan For Startup Procs (Lab) (0:10)
- M.2.1.8 Trustworthy DB (Lab) (0:17)
- M.2.1.9 Hide Instance Option (Lab) (0:29)
- M.2.1.10 XP CMD Shell (Lab) (0:10)
- M.2.2.1 MSSQL Parameters (10:09)
- M.2.2.2 SQL Server Authentication Mode (Lab) (0:50)
- M.2.2.3 Password Policies (Lab) (0:25)
- M.2.3.1 Role Backup (8:15)
- M.2.3.2 Audit Level (Lab) (0:27)
- M.2.3.3 Backup (Lab) (0:22)
Sign up and Start Today
Pay-in-full in your local currency (where available)
We take all major forms of payment and we use secure checkout.
Our most popular courses and offers.
Cyber Incident Planning and Response Course
Government Certified, Accredited Course on Planning and Response Strategies to deal with Cyber-Attacks and Cyber Crises
NCSC-Certified CIPR and Playbooks eLearning Bundle
Access two NCSC-Certified Training courses for the price of one. Includes option for an online examination.
Strengthening your database security is one of the key components of a sound cybersecurity strategy. Build further resilience against cyber-attacks by being prepared to respond to them effectively. Download this FREE Cyber Incident Response Plan template today and build your own Incident Response plan.