General Data Protection Regulation
A comprehensive GDPR course covering implications & legal requirements, enhancing your ability to implement an effective compliance programme in your organisation.
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) online training course provides a comprehensive introduction to the EU GDPR and a practical understanding of the implications and legal requirements for organisations of any size. This training covers the GDPR principles that will help you to develop the vision and strategy to understand GDPR compliance concepts. It will also help you to understand the various concepts of collecting, storing, and managing consumers’ data lawfully. This training course is intended to meet the current and future technical and professional needs of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) professionals, IT and Security staff members as well as the executive teams of organisations handling customer data in Europe.
Benefits of choosing this course
Benefits of choosing the GDPR course
Become familiar with one of the most stringent and well-established privacy regulations in the world.
Evolve as a much better informed Cybersecurity & Governance and Compliance professional after completing this course.
Gain the confidence to interpret data protection regulation & make recommendations to your organisation on how customer data must be processed.
Highlights of the GDPR course
22 detailed theory sessions that ensure you gather a strong understanding of GDPR requirements, rules & regulations.
Comprehensive coverage of GDPR Principles, GDPR Structure and Applicability.
Simple explanations on the steps to undertake to be compliant with GDPR.
- Key Learning Objectives
Key Learning Objectives
After completing the GDPR course, you will be able to:
- Articulate what the General Data Protection Regulation is and why it was enforced.
- Explain in your own words the General Provisions and Subject Matter of the EU GDPR.
- Acquire substantial knowledge about the principles of the EU GDPR such as the principles pertaining to processing of data, lawfulness of processing and conditions for consent.
- Understand and explain who Data Subjects are as per GDPR and what the Rights of Data Subjects are.
- Make sense of the penalties in case of non-adherence of GDPR requirements.
- Fully comprehend what Controller and Processor mean in the purview of GDPR and what their specific responsibilities are.
- Understand the role of the Data Protection Officer (DPO) and the powers of Supervisory Authorities.
- Enhance your knowledge and understanding of the general principle of transfer of personal data to third countries or international organisations.
- Work with Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA) if the need arises and be able to confidently assess the level risk in processing data.
Directly download the full Learning Objectives of the course here
Templates. Worksheets & Mind-maps
When you enrol in this course you will have access to several worksheets & templates that you can use immediately. Take a look at the course curriculum, below, to see whats included in this course.
The image immediately below is a gallery view of some of the templates and collateral available to students.
Continuing Professional Development
CPD points can be claimed for this course at the rate of 1 point per hour of training for this NCSC-certified and CIISec-approved course (8 points for one-day public course and 15 points for the two-day internal workshop - for when organisations host this course internally).
CIPR Student-Only Incident Response Plan Template
As a student you get access to unique content including our highly acclaimed Cyber Incident Response Plan Template. If you want, you can download the FREE version of the Incident Response Plan template here.